- Extended, AMBIDEXTROUS bolt catch designed specifically to work with SAFE MAG 2 and SAFE MAG .308*
- Maximum control from ready position
- Fast, easy installation
- One piece design for strength and reliability
- Universal fit for AR-15s, .308s, polymer and billet lowers
- 4140 Ordnance Steel with Type III Hard Coat
- RELOAD EASIER without awkward hand change overs
- Significantly improves speed and efficiency of reloads
The Big Bolt Catch or BBC is an extended, ambidextrous bolt catch, designed specifically for ARs built with the Cross Armory Safe Mag 2 and Safe Mag .308*. Gun laws suck. But at Cross Armory, our aim is to design products that make the laws more bearable. Safe Mag 2 allows the user to drop a magazine automatically after opening the action, without the press of a button. The only previous downside to Safe Mag 2 was that, due to unique features of a non-MIL-SPEC AR, the user would no longer be able to use an extended bolt catch or battery assist device (B.A.D.) lever. That has now changed. Thanks to your requests, the BBC was born! The BBC functions just as other extended bolt catches but does not interfere with the function of the Safe Mag 2 or Safe Mag .308. The BBC is also compatible with with large frame ARs, like .308s, as well as billet and polymer lower receivers, unlike many other battery assist devices on the market. Made out of 4140 Ordnance Steel with a Type III hard coat, the BBC is a strongest, easiest way to ambidextrously catch and release your bolt with Safe Mag 2. The BBC can be operated with your trigger finger alone or in a traditional manner with your off hand, and can be used by both right and left handed shooters. Eliminate awkward and time consuming hand change overs during reloading and double feed fixes with the BBC for your Safe Mag 2.
*Works for most, but not all .308s. Please email [email protected] with questions.